Monday, December 31, 2012

Wade Belak Memorial Night

January 5th, 2013 will be a special night at the North Battleford Civic Centre

The Midget AAA Stars are hosting the Saskatoon Blazers, and also saying a goodbye to one of their alumni, Wade Belak. A North Battleford product, he started his career in his hometown (see stats below) before retiring after the 2010-2011 season. He sadly ended his own life on August 31st, 2011.

All proceeds of the night's auction of the special jerseys and other whatnot will all go to his two daughters.

TSN's Michael Landsberg wrote a very heart string tugging piece after his death revolving around his friend and his fight with depression. You can read it here

The Belak family still reside in North Battleford as I understand, and although I never met Wade nor his parents, I'm sure we all feel their pain still to this day.

I am honoured to be the music manager for this night, and I'm sure I will see many of you readers there at 7pm


No comments:

Post a Comment